I saw on another blog that at the end she always wrote “Farm News” with a few short updates! I loved it so much that I wanted to incorporate that at the bottom of mine!
1. The horses ran through the fence today so the chicken run and the garden’s deer fencing wasn’t, ironically, the only fencing we did today.
2. The horses got the weekend off – using the time to let them relax in the pastures. That’ll change come Monday!
3. The hens were so happy with their new pen that they laid a record number FIVE eggs for the six of them! I think that was the biggest compliment of all to my dad for his hard work!
4. The Rhode Island Reds are SAVAGE and won’t let up on my poor Astrolops. I’m not sure what to do to stop them from harassing them!
5. I enjoyed lunch breaks with homemade sourdough grilled cheese sandwiches, DELICIOUS mango electrolyte and banana protein powder smoothies, and a chance to read a little more in my most recent history book.